Therapist for Teen Resiliency Program
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA employer.
**Sign-on incentives offered up to $2000 (amount varies with position)**
This position is part of our Teen Resiliency Program, which is an intensive outpatient program providing individual/family therapy and weekly adolescent skills groups. Prior experience in working with youth in crisis or with trauma exposure is preferred. Strong leadership skills with the ability to provide clinical insight to support youth who are experiencing or have experienced trauma, exposure to substance abuse or other maladaptive behaviors, as well as, teaching/assisting in developing adolescent life transitions. Strong background in adolescent substance abuse experience preferred. Master's degree in behavioral health related field is required. Licensure through AzBBHE is preferred. Candidate must have prior experience working in community behavioral health field specifically working with children and families. Knowledge of RBHA and AZ Children’s Behavioral Health Systems required. Bi-lingual (Spanish Speaking) a plus.
Skills / Requirements
- Must possess a Master's Degree in behavioral health field.
- Licensure through AzBBHE (LAC/LPC, LAMFT/LMFT, LISAC, or LMSW/LCSW) is strongly preferred.
- Strong background in adolescent substance abuse experience preferred.
- Knowledge of RBHA and AZ Children's Behavioral Health Systems required.
- Prior experience with Child Family Team process and community behavioral health.
- Prior experience with youth in crisis or with trauma exposure is preferred.
- Must have Fingerprint clearance card or be eligible to obtain one.
- Must have a valid AZ driver's license with no major infractions in the past three years.
- Must have regular access to reliable transportation.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) Diff per hour available.
- Must be 21 years of age or older at time of employment.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required. Out of state applicants must provide a 3 years of driving record upon hire.
- Staff members who provide direct client services must be at least 21 years old. Staff members who provide support services (administrative or clinical) must be at least 18 years old. All employees will have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 342-155-1008