Temporary Crisis Therapist
La Frontera EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
We have a need for a Temporary Crisis Therapist to join our team in Glendale or Tempe until 12/31/2021. The Temporary Crisis Therapist position is part of a special grant to assist Arizona individuals and communities in recovering from the psychological effects of the Coronavirus pandemic through community-based outreach, emotional support and education services. Services are provided both in person and virtually and may include providing individual sessions, family sessions, group session, presentations, and workshops.
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Behavioral Health related field preferred or must, at minimum, meet BHT requirements.
- Flexible to extend work shift to complete crisis work, paperwork as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in stressful situations and collaborate/work in a team environment.
- Spanish/English bilingual preferred.
- Must possess valid AZ Driver's license with no major infractions for the past 39 months.
- Fingerprint clearance card required or must be eligible to obtain one.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required. Out of state applicants must provide a 3 years of driving record upon hire.
- Staff members who provide direct client services must be at least 21 years old. Staff members who provide support services (administrative or clinical) must be at least 18 years old. All employees will have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent