Substance Abuse Clinician
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
NEW LOCATION! NEW OPPORTUNITIES! An Exciting opportunity to be a part of something transformational by providing support to clients in a 24/7 environment. We are looking for caring, reliable, determined individuals to help us build a great team that can change lives. We will be hiring a Full Team to handle client and facility needs. Be one of the first employees to launch this new location.
The Substance Abuse Clinician will provide substance abuse interventions and treatment on an individual and group basis. The clinician will work as part of a clinical team to assess consumer needs and wants, participate in the development of individual service plans, and act as a consumer advocate and liaison with families and community agencies.
Skills / Requirements
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Provides direct care for the purpose of assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of adults and their families, individualizing these services to meet unique needs. Facilitate substance abuse groups, using agency Substance Abuse Program approved curriculum. Use community resources and referrals, as appropriate, to enhance and expand treatment.
- Provide individual counseling with clients to address issues related to substance use, including trauma focused therapy.
- Work independently and responsibly, and participate in the development, implementation, and evaluation of treatment and prevention programs.
- Produce complete, timely, thorough, quality clinical documentation of all services rendered, both billable and non-billable, as required. The documentation must include sufficient information about the activity being documented and the client’s participation in, and response to, the activity.
- Ensure quality service delivery, including clinical care and all associated duties. Utilize Best Practice therapeutic approaches whenever possible. Maintain all client records in up-to-date status and in accordance with agency policies and procedures, as well as RBHA, state, and federal requirements. Participate in the agency’s Quality Management Program, as needed or requested.
- Participate actively in regular supervision, accepting feedback and suggestions in a collaborative and strengths-based way.
- Interact regularly and constructively with the clinical team, support staff, and administrative staff.
- Masters Degree in a behavioral health field required; Course of Study: Social Work, Psychology, Family Studies, or directly related field.
- Any combination education/experience that meets BHP requirements as stipulated by AZDHS/BHS.
- Experience working with substance abuse issues and facilitating groups is required.
- Must be organized, reliable and able to meet deadlines with accuracy.
- Must have knowledge of community resources, be trauma-informed and able to individualize treatment.
- Requires Fingerprint clearance card or be eligible to obtain one.
- Must be at least 21 years of age at time of employment.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in all regularly scheduled administrative, in-service, and staff meetings. Recommend changes that would improve service delivery.
- Coordinate communication with other departments of the agency in accomplishing continuity of care.
- Participate in standing and ad hoc committees and work groups, as requested. Provide instruction and training for interns and coworkers in his/her respective discipline, as requested.
- Comply with the agency's standard of care for service delivery.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with state, community, and contracting organizations, and with collaborating partners.
- Perform additional related duties and participate in agency fund-raising activities, as requested.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 701-NEW-0716