SMI Clinical Program Manager
La Frontera EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
Provides clinical leadership of assigned site/teams. Implements the policies and clinical management procedures established for the facility. Supervises clinical activities ensuring the program services are provided in accordance with policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws, regulation and licensure/accreditation standards. Creates a climate which promotes quality treatment for each client.
Skills / Requirements
- Master's degree in behavioral health related field preferred.
- Two years work experience in Behavioral Health
- Prior experience within RBHA System or similar/Community Mental Health.
- Must be credentialed and privileged before conducting assessments : Seven (7) years’ experience in behavioral health with a minimum of three (3) years supervisory experience.
Licensure or Certification Required:
Licensure / Certification: Must meet the applicable requirements in R9-20-204 and hold a current license in Arizona as a Behavioral Health professional which include: • Psychiatrist • Behavioral Health Medical Practitioner • Psychologist • Social Worker • Counselor • Marriage and Family Therapist • Substance Abuse Counselors, or • Registered Nurse with at least one (1) year of full-time behavioral health work experience.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Communicates the EMPACT-SPC vision and mission to staff and behavioral health recipients. Facilitates the integration of a recovery philosophy and the Principles for Persons with serious mental illness into everyday clinical practice and clinic operations.
- Responsible for the oversight of the clinical care provided, with emphasis on coordination of care between clinical team members.
- Oversees delivery of appropriate clinical services and ensures that the clinical staff comply with established guidelines and requirements set forth in the ADHS Provider Manuel – the RBHA, Edition, R9-21, applicable accreditation bodies, licensing, accreditation standards and other documents or entities specified by contract.
- Conducts clinical supervision and ensures the delivery of clinical supervision by the Clinical Coordinators meet all requirements.
- Provides staff opportunities for professional growth by encouraging employees to attend in-services, seminars and workshops within budgeted parameters and coordinates departmental in-serves training.
- In conjunction with assigned supervisor, uses qualitative and quantitative outcomes and process data to initiate performance gaps, initiate training, mentoring or performance improvement activities to assist individual clinicians and/or clinical teams to deliver quality behavioral health care.
- Communicates operational barriers, including service development/network issues, to the appropriate staff.
- Recruits, screens and hires appropriate clinical staff in conjunction with Human Resource Department.
- Reviews and completes responses to all RFP/RFI in conjunction with the Regional Director and Medical Director, if appropriate.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains 24 hours/day, 7 days/week availability for clinical needs; appoints a designee in the event of non-availability.
- Meets a production requirements and maintains satisfactory punctuality and attendance as set on the work schedule.
- Follows policies and procedures as established by EMPACT-SPC, OBHL and DBHS with regards to service delivery.
- Ensures best practices are implemented and used by clinical teams.
- Responds to request by RBHA in timely fashion and by given deadlines.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 361-101820192