Psychiatric Liaison (San Tan)
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), La Frontera Arizona, is a non-profit industry leader located in in Tempe, Glendale, Maricopa, and San Tan Valley dedicated to providing valuable community resources for crisis management, counseling, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
The Psychiatric Liaison is responsible for the support and assistance to the psychiatric staff and clients, providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers, and provide administrative support for the department and agency. Perform and follow through with clerical activities inherent to the operation and needs of the department and agency under the direction of the Site Administrator.
Duties include but are not limited to do vitals, heights/weights, calling in prescription to the pharmacy, faxing pharmacy refill requests, obtaining lab results, relaying clients concerns and requests to the NP or Psychiatrist and PCP coordination of care. Perform clerical duties to assist in the day to day operation of the agency to ensure smooth clinic and client flow.
Shift: Monday - Friday 7 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Skills / Requirements
- HS Diploma or GED.
- 2 years of job related experience.
- Medical assistant, Patient care technician, CNA, or similar training is required
- Requires credentials for taking vitals
- Possess excellent customer service skills and ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with all contacts, internally and externally.
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task, work in a fast-paced environment, typing skills, computer literate, detail oriented and familiar with medical terminology.
- Ability to remain professional in difficult situations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Maintain client information that is accurate and charts/paperwork are filed correctly.
- Ability to effectively work in a multi-task environment and prioritize work to accomplish successful outcomes.
- Knowledge of privacy and HIPAA laws
- Ability to identify research and resolve problems and discrepancies.
- Computer literate with knowledge of and skill in using basic word processing
- Must be able to obtain a fingerprint clearance card or have possession of one.
- Bilingual is a plus *** EMPACT-SPC offers Bilingual Differential Pay per hour*
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 280-081319