Outpatient Services Support Specialist - San Tan
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA.
We need a front office representative with previous experience in an outpatient behavioral health setting, doctor office or similar environment that can represent our agency professionally, treat our clients with respect and in a caring manner. Responsibilities include answering a multiple line phone system, scheduling appointments, greeting clients, as well as other clerical duties. Candidate must be flexible and work effectively in a team orientated environment.
This is a full-time position requiring an outgoing, dependable, detail-oriented and resourceful person.Shift is: Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Skills / Requirements
- Minimum of a High School education (diploma) or GED
- Candidate must have basic computer skills and previous work experience in an outpatient behavioral health setting, doctor's office or similar work environment.
- Must have excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively.
- Ability to answer a multi-line phone and manage incoming calls appropriately and have strong basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and maintaining confidentiality of protected health information.
- Must have Fingerprint clearance card / or eligible to obtain one.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) Diff per hour available.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 278-080619