Food Service Coordinator
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
**Sign-on incentives offered up to $2000 (amount varies with position)**
The Food Service Coordinator (Cook), for our Rio de Vida Level II Substance Abuse Center located in Mesa, will be responsible for the management and oversight of the preparation and volume cooking of all meals and special dietary items for a large scale residential site. This position handles planning of menus and food ordering. Schedule may require flexible hours including evenings and weekends as needed.
Skills / Requirements
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Develops menus to meet needs of residents with input of medical and supervisory staff. Menus to be approved by dietician.
- Coordinates and/or directs preparation of all food for the Rio de Vida program including special occasions. Coordinates and supervises food service staff.
- Orders food and supplies in most efficient and cost effective manner while monitoring budget and food costs.
- Estimates food requirements and controls serving portions, utilizing food remnants and eliminating waste.
- Monitors all dietary department and equipment according to safety and sanitation requirements. May assist in the routine maintenance of equipment.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Requires High School or GED diploma and two or more years training and experience in food service management preferably in behavioral health residential setting.
- Formal or on-the-job experience in kitchen management, menu planning, and food preparation preferred. Experience in commercial (includes fast food establishments) or institutional (large scale) food service setting a plus.
- Knowledge of principles and requirements of food management and sanitation and safety in handling food and equipment required.
- County issued Certified Food Handler's Certificate a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively with staff and clients.
- Requires Fingerprint Clearance Card or eligibility to obtain one.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 701-756-0831