Family Therapist - Substance Use Adolescents
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This is a great opportunity for a Family Therapist to join our dynamic department in Tempe, AZ dealing with Substance Abuse Adolescents. In this position, you will utilize your experience to provide direct clinical service including individual, family, and group therapy for families, youth and adults.
Skills / Requirements
- Provide psychotherapy for the purpose of assessment, diagnosis, and treatment to youth, families, and adults.
- Deliver at least 40 hours of work per week, with a goal of 30 hours direct client contact, which includes case management as needed. Ensure meet clinical documentation standards established monthly/annually. Complete all tasks agreed upon by timelines given. Must be able to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the children and families, which may include evening or weekend hours when needed.
- In collaboration with each child and family, support services to families, youth, and adults, that meet the following 12 Arizona Principles: Collaboration with the family, youth, and adult; Emphasis on achieving functional outcomes; Collaboration with others, including participation in unified assessment, planning and service approaches when families, youth, and adults are involved with multiple systems; Access for families, youth, and adults to a comprehensive array of sufficient behavioral health services to meet their needs; Best practices; Most appropriate setting; Timeliness; Services tailored to the family, youth, and adult; Stability in placements; Respect for the family's, youth’s, and adult’s unique cultural heritage; Independence, and; Connection to natural supports.
- Provide comprehensive, direct community-based outpatient clinical services to youth, families, and adults, as assigned by Supervisor.
- Ensure quality service delivery, including clinical care and all associated duties. Maintain all client records in accordance with agency policies and procedures, including appropriate intake and risk management assessments, diagnosis, service planning, progress notes, discharge planning, termination documentation, and interagency reports.
- Attend regular scheduled ongoing supervision. Seek out additional supervision as needed.
- Evening and weekend hours may be required to accommodate the schedules of families, youth, and adults. Attend meetings and trainings as requested.
- Must possess a Master's Degree in behavioral health field.
- Licensure through AzBBHE and/or work experience preferred.
- Experience working in community behavioral health field specifically individual & family therapy is preferred.
- Detail orientated & ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Must have Fingerprint clearance card / or eligible to obtain one.
- Must have a valid AZ driver's license with no major infractions in the past three years.
- Must have regular access to reliable transportation
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) Diff per hour available.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in all regularly scheduled administrative, in-service, and staff meetings.
- Recommend changes that would improve service delivery.
- Coordinate communication with other departments of the agency in accomplishing continuity of care.
- Participate in standing and ad hoc committees and work groups, as requested.
- Provide instruction and training for interns and coworkers in his/her respective discipline, as requested.
- Adhere to the agency's policies and procedures. Comply with the agency's standard of care for service delivery.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with state, community, and contracting organizations, and with collaborating partners.
- Perform additional related duties and participate in agency fund-raising activities, as requested.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and agency policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 342-022720