Family Support Partner
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987.We are an EEO/AA Employer.
If you are a parent or care giver of a child and you have successfully navigated through the Behavioral Health system as a family member and you would like to now help other parents this is perfect opportunity join our agency in our Children Services team in our Tempe office as a Family Support Partner. EMPACT-SPC is on the cutting edge in providing unconditional service to children and families. We offer many opportunities for professional development and growth. Our Children’s Services Department is constantly developing and enhancing programs to meet the needs of families in the community. Through the Child and Family Team Process the Family Support Partner provides services in home and in the community assisting families to navigate through multiple systems, being an advocate, providing resources and exploring natural supports. The Family Support Partner will work with Child and Family teams and collaborate with Families; Department of Child Safety; Courts and other partners standing for parents ensuring that the family voice is heard. You will have the opportunity to form positive supportive relationships with children and families in caring, family and community based environments. FSP must ensure he/she delivers quality service and documentation while maintaining all client records in accordance the Arizona Vision and 12 Principles
Skills / Requirements
Minimum of a High School Diploma.
- Four (4) years prior behavioral health experience with children and adolescents is preferred.
- Knowledge of Child and Family Team process and experience being a strong family advocate is required.
- This position requires a candidate that is a parent, foster parent, adoptive parent or a caretaker of a child who is either currently receiving or has received behavioral health and/or multi system's services.
- Strong organizational and time management skills are required.
- Ability to work professionally and effectively with others from diverse ethnic and cultural groups.
- Must have Fingerprint clearance card or be eligible to obtain one.
- Must have a valid AZ driver's license with no major infractions in the past three years.
- Must have regular access to reliable transportation.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) Diff per hour available.
- Must be at least 21 years of age at time of employment.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 342-151-0701