EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
**Sign-on incentives offered up to $5000 (amount varies with position)**
We are looking for an individual to join our team as an Employment Specialist for our Housing Opportunities and Meaningful Employment program.
The primary duties of the Employment Specialist is to assist with promoting an “employment culture” within the organization towards meeting the employment and other service goals as dictated by Arizona Department of Behavioral Health Services. The position will also assume the role of agency “resource manager” and “expert” in regard to vocational rehabilitation services.
Although able to work with all service recipients, primary target population will be high risk, high complex special populations. Services will be provided in an out-patient clinic, client/family homes, classroom and other community settings.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma/GED is required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Previous Supported Employment experience and knowledge of Disability Benefits 101 preferred
- One year of experience in providing rehabilitation services to persons with disabilities is required.
- Experience/Understanding of SAMHSA's models of Permanent Supportive Housing as well as knowledge/use of SPDAT tool and understanding of SAMHSA's Supported Employment model preferred.
- Knowledge/use of VI-SPDAT tool and understanding preferred.
- Applicant must have passion for working with the public in helping to obtain employment, attend college classes, volunteer opportunities and vocational rehabilitation services.
- Experience with local employment resources and collaborating with vocational rehabilitation preferred.
- Familiar with GED testing requirements.
- Strong written communication skills including experience with resume writing.
- Position will require the ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
- Valid Arizona Driver’s License, with no major infractions in the past three years is required.
- Community relationships and outreach experience is preferred.
- Fingerprint clearance card required or eligibility to obtain one.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) speaking is a plus.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 355-234-1128