Crisis Transition Navigator
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit based in Tempe, Glendale, & Maricopa dedicated to providing valuable community resources for crisis management, counseling, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
The Crisis Transition Navigator (CTN) works with Non-Title XIX, and Title XIX-Non-SMI Adults, who have received services from the Maricopa County crisis system. The CTN serves as a bridge to ongoing services by coordinating and monitoring RBHA/Community based resources and facilitates delivery of these necessary services and supports. The goal of the CTN is to provide individuals who are voluntary and able to give informed consent, assistance in accessing post-crisis services to assist with food, housing, financial stability, and identifying support systems.
Crisis Transition Navigator Facilitator : Monday - Friday 9am-5pm
Wednesday - Saturday 9am-7pm
Mobile Follow-up (2): WED-SAT (9am-7pm)
Skills / Requirements
- Meets with consumers of crisis services in the community as referred by specified crisis providers. Completes AHCCCS applications and/or collaboration with DES offices for persons that meet AHCCCS eligibility criteria. Assists in mapping out the most appropriate next steps for the individual who may need assistance in accessing various other providers or community based services after their initial crisis has passed, including development of a Crisis Navigation Plan (CNP). The plan will be self-directed by the recipient and coordinated with the CTN. The CTN will follow up and assist with implementation of the needs identified in the CNP. Will review and monitor recipient progress.
- Develops and collaborates with an extensive network of Community Based and RBHA resources. The CTN must know how to access various social/behavioral health community based services that can include but is not limited to: food, clothing, housing, support services, and Outpatient Crisis Stabilization/Transition services. This can also include making necessary appointments, assisting with scheduling or arranging SMI evaluations and Outpatient Stabilization/Transition services when applicable.
- Maintains accurate and thorough documentation in progress notes and in the client's Crisis Navigation Plan (CNP).
- Serves as a short term recovery coach, helping the participant develop and implement self-directed recovery plan, sharing experience, providing support, teaching self-management techniques and reassurance.
- Requires competency (via specialized training) in the following areas:
- *Risk Assessment
- *In Home Safety
- *AHCCCS eligibility/Affordable Health Care Act
- *SMI eligibility
- *Crisis System
- *Other identified peer specialist and system training
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Peer Certification is required.
- Must self identify as recipient of mental health services [in Maricopa Co.] or having assisted family member in their mental health or substance abuse recovery process.
- Identifies as a Military Veteran, Service Member, or Service Family Member preferred.
- Effective interpersonal skills which allow for professional and positive relationships with coworkers, consumers, families and other community members.
- 2 (two) years of prior experience preferred.
- Effective communication skills evidenced by a non-judgmental approach.
- Effective listening and positive interaction; thorough understanding of the role of family support at each stage of the recovery process.
- Must have ability to effectively interpret and implement complex treatment plans based upon a wide knowledge base of available community services.
- Must have Fingerprint clearance card / or eligible to obtain one.
- Must have a valid AZ driver's license with no major infractions in the past three years.
- Must have regular access to reliable transportation
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) Diff per hour available.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Additional responsibilities may include:
* Facilitating appointments with treatment providers for behavioral health assessments when
* Coordinate post-crisis/stabilization transportation
* Assisting recipients in obtaining Birth Certificates and/or other forms of
acceptable identification if needed
* Identifying transportation options
* Referral for SMI evaluations when criteria are met.
* Coordinating housing with community shelters, apartments, and housing facilities
- Recommends to the Program Coordinator or Manager changes that would improve service delivery. Select and develop one specialized function related to the development of department services.
- Participates in agency fund raising activities as requested by management.
- Position requires driving of company van and/or personal vehicle. Must maintain a valid Arizona driver's license and appropriate liability insurance at all times. Also requires eligibility for liability coverage with EMPACT’s insurance carrier.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 810-121319