La Frontera EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
**Sign-on incentives offered up to $5000 (amount varies with position)**
The Crisis Therapist will provide direct service crisis de-escalation and counseling to individuals using a Systems based approach to interventions. Services will also include Assessments, transportation services, psychoeducation, psychotherapy, and referral services to individuals within the High cost High Needs classification.
Skills / Requirements
- Provide direct in-home, in-office, and community based crisis counseling and follow-up services as assigned. Individual, family and group counseling services will be provided to individuals as clinically appropriate,
- Provide psychotherapy for the purpose of assessment, diagnosis and treatment to individuals,
- Provide comprehensive services to clients and coordinate communication with other departments in the agency to accomplish continuity of care. Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all related state, community behavioral health, and contracting organizations.
- Ensure quality service delivery including clinical care and all associated documentation.
- Maintain all client records in accordance with agency policies and procedures. This includes appropriate phone documentation, intake documentation, endangerment triaging, treatment planning, referral triaging, risk planning, termination documentation, interagency reports and follow-up documentation.
- Perform job duties in a safe manner at all times; provide support for team members and perform cooperatively and professionally as part of a cohesive team.
- Recommend to the Program Coordinator or Manager changes that would improve service delivery. Select and develop one specialized function related to the development of department services.
- Provide instruction and training for interns, pool staff, and new staff as assigned by the Program Coordinator or Department Manager. This may include development and implementation of training for other community partners
- Participate in all regularly scheduled department meetings. Required to receive at least 4 hours of supervision per month from a coordinator in the department.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to remain tactful, calm, and persuasive in controversial and/or confrontational situations.
- Organizational skills
- Must be reliable.
- Be trauma-informed, have clear and effective communication skills, strong customer service, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Clinical documentation skills and efficiency.
- Ability to multitask and remain calm when assisting high-risk clients
Education and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in a Behavioral Health related field
- Associate or Independent Licensure preferred
- Minimum 2 years previous experience in a related Behavior Health field
- 2+ years’ experience working as a Therapist
- Experience with hard to navigate clients preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The typical work environment will be outside of client office in shelters, client homes, hospitals, or other places of residence.
- Employees must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
- Occasional travel to training and out-of-state locations may occur as-need.
- Work from home may also be necessary per EMPACT’s Telecommuting Policy.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 350-132-0726