Crisis Therapist - CCHP Team
La Frontera EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. This is a great opportunity for a Crisis Therapist to join our dynamic team in our Tempe office. EEO/AA Employer.
In this position, you will provide crisis services to individuals in Maricopa County. In this position you will provide direct service crisis intervention, transportation services, behavior management, crisis hotline and referral services to children and families in crisis situations. Responsibilities also include assistance on required documentation for crisis charts. Services will be provided according to training, experience, and certification as assigned.
Skills / Requirements
- Master's degree in Behavioral health field preferred.
- AZBBHE licensure preferred.
- Knowledge / use of SPDAT is a plus. Experience with community behavioral health system.
- Experience completing behavioral health intakes preferred.
- Flexible to extend work shift to complete crisis work, paperwork, etc. as needed.
- Must have valid AZ driver license & clean driving record with no major infractions in past 39 months.
- Bilingual (Spanish Speaking) a plus.
- Fingerprint clearance cared required. Or, you must be eligible to qualify to obtain one.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 350-062119