Children's Urgent Response Specialist
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
The Children’s Urgent Response Specialists is part of the EMPACT-SPC Children’s Team working with children and families in crisis that are enrolled with and receiving ongoing services. The position provides direct crisis intervention services in home, school, and in the community. Crisis intervention services include but are not limited to crisis prevention; de-escalation; transportation; client support/supervision; parent training; behavior management training and assistance; and provision and assistance in accessing appropriate community referrals. The requirements of the position include ensuring coordination of care with multiple systems including Behavioral Health providers and networks; Juvenile Probation; School; Division of Developmental Disabilities; Placements and license agencies; and Department of Child Safety.
Skills / Requirements
- Minimum of HS Diploma or GED and meet BHT requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in behavioral field preferred.
- Experience in community behavioral health required, with specific knowledge of AZ Children's Behavioral Health System.
- Five (5) years of prior behavioral health related work experience is preferred.
- Prior experience with Child Family Team Process and knowledge of AZ 12 Principles and AZ Vision is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to work in a team, and strong interpersonal skills, including positive, non-judgmental attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve.
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn, community resources.
- Ability to follow clinical and office protocols and procedures.
- Required to work independently and flexible hours, 24 hr availability including weekends, in order to meet the needs of clients.
- Must have Fingerprint clearance card / or eligible to obtain one.
- Must have a valid AZ driver's license with no major infractions in the past three years.
- Must have regular access to reliable transportation
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) Diff per hour available.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required. Out of state applicants must provide a 3 years of driving record upon hire.
- Staff members who provide direct client services must be at least 21 years old. Staff members who provide support services (administrative or clinical) must be at least 18 years old. All employees will have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 342-040419