EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
**Sign-on incentives offered up to $2000 (amount varies with position)**
We are looking for a candidate to join our team as a Children's Case Manager at our Apache Junction location. This position is full time and will require flexibility with scheduling for client and family's needs.
This position will provide direct service crisis intervention, support, transportation and education to families and children, independently of, or in conjunction with, other in-home client services. Complete family needs assessments, make appropriate referrals to collaborating partners and other community services as client needs indicate, ensure the continuity of care in the provision of comprehensive services to clients and assist in coordinating communications with other departments of the agency or with collaborators in accomplishing this function.
Skills / Requirements
- Must have a bachelor's degree in behavioral health related field or meet BHT requirements.
- Experience working with Adult system of care is required.
- Need to have flexible work hours and ability to meet with individuals in their home, community or office.
- Must have Fingerprint clearance card or be eligible to obtain one.
- Must have a valid AZ driver's license with no major infractions in the past three years.
- Must have regular access to reliable transportation.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) Diff per hour available.
- Must be at least 21 years of age at time of employment.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Ensure quality service delivery, including clinical care and all associated duties. Provide direct in-home, in-office and community services. These services will include, but not be limited to, crisis intervention, transportation, maintaining established client stabilization, additional client supervision, behavior management and support needed to maintain client in the community.
2. Facilitate, schedule, and provide follow up on Child and Family Team Meetings/Adult Recovery Team Meetings. Complete written documentation of this meeting and provide a copy to all team members. Engage and invite natural supports as identified by the client. Develop and maintain effective working relationships with other agency stakeholders. Make referrals to collaborating partners and other community services, as client needs indicate.
3. Deliver at least 40 hours of work per week, with a goal of 30 hours of direct client contact. Productivity standards established at a minimum of once a year and as needed due to contract changes. Complete all tasks agreed upon by timelines given.
4. In collaboration with each child and family, support services to families, youth, and adults, that meet the following 12 Arizona Principles: Collaboration with the family, youth, and adult; Emphasis on achieving functional outcomes; Collaboration with others, including participation in unified assessment, planning and service approaches when families, youth, and adults are involved with multiple systems; Access for families, youth, and adults to a comprehensive array of sufficient behavioral health services to meet their needs; Best practices; Most appropriate setting; Timeliness; Services tailored to the family, youth, and adult; Stability in placements; Respect for the family's, youth’s, and adult’s unique cultural heritage; Independence, and; Connection to natural supports. Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all related state, community mental health, and contracting organizations.
5. Maintain all client records in current status and in accordance with agency policies and procedures, as well as RBHA, state, and federal requirements. Produce complete, timely, thorough, quality clinical documentation of all services rendered, both billable and non-billable, as required. The documentation must include sufficient information about the activity being documented and the client’s participation in, and response to, the activity.
6. Attend regular scheduled weekly supervision. Seek out additional supervision as needed.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required. Out of state applicants must provide a 3 years of driving record upon hire.
- Staff members who provide direct client services must be at least 21 years old. Staff members who provide support services (administrative or clinical) must be at least 18 years old. All employees will have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 370-106-1012