Behavioral Health Technician - Mesa *New Location-Opening Soon*
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
NEW LOCATION! NEW OPPORTUNITIES! An Exciting opportunity to be a part of something transformational by providing support to clients in a 24/7 environment. We are looking for caring, reliable, determined individuals to help us build a great team that can change lives. We will be hiring a Full Team to handle client and facility needs. Be one of the first employees to launch this new location.
The Behavioral Health Technician is a crucial position at our new location. This role provides counseling, education and supervision to clients in this brand new 24 hour residential facility. This position will require days, nights and weekends with on call shifts. We have opportunities for Full Time and Part Time Behavioral Health Technicians.
Skills / Requirements
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Provides counseling, education and supervision of clients in both individual and group settings as part of a multi-disciplinary team to assist clients in achieving their treatment goals
- Directs, participates and assists clients in planning and carrying out daily activities and evaluates clients during activities
- Consults with and may make referrals to other community agencies to provide needed client services
- Maintains clinical documentation including client progress towards goals, documentation of activities, med observation records, shift notes, etc.
- Intervenes in crisis situations and attempts to avert potential crisis situation
- Provide orientation to new clients upon intake
- High School Diploma/GED is required
- Inpatient or Residential experience preferred
- BHT level as stipulated by AZDHS/BHS is preferred
- Must have minimum of 1 (one) year prior experience in an applicable or relevant setting pertinent to the position
- Strong verbal and written communication skills is required
- Must have excellent time management skills; be able to meet deadlines and timely documentation
- Requires the ability to work as a team, yet be self-motivated
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends
- Requires the ability to be flexible and problem solve and to have the ability to use creativity in the approach to service delivery
- Must be able to meet deadlines and complete required documentation timely and with accuracy
- Must have Fingerprint clearance card or be eligible to obtain one
- Must have a valid AZ driver's license with no major infractions in the past three years
- Must have regular access to reliable transportation
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Transports clients in agency vehicles as necessary
- May assist in orientation and training of new staff members
- May attend and participate in client staffing to determine progress and treatment outcomes
- Performs related duties as assigned
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time,On Call
Job Reference #: 701-NEW-0715