Be Connected Navigator - Flagstaff
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
The Be Connected Navigator is a community-based position. The Be Connected Navigator outreaches to Military Veterans and families in the community to educate them about services and supports available to them in their community. The Be Connected Navigator assists the Veteran and family to connect them to those necessary services and supports. The goal of the Be Connected Navigator is to provide individuals assistance in accessing services and supports and be a support system for the Veteran and their family throughout the process. In addition to educating Veterans on available services and programs, the Be Connected Navigator may conduct trainings and participate in outreach events in the community.
- Initiate contact with VSOs and Veterans in the community. This entails an active and constant effort to meet veterans where they are. Educate Veterans and the Veteran Community on the Be Connected campaign, its goals, and the trainings and services available to Veterans and their families.
- Conduct face to face interactions with Veterans and families in order to assess Veteran and family needs and identify resources to support.
- Thoroughly and accurately track and document all activities and encounters with Veterans and families in a timely manner on multiple tracking instruments, including agency EHR.
- Schedule, coordinate, facilitate, and deliver trainings and presentations at various locations and times when requested.
- Represent and promote the Be Connected Program in the community at outreach events with stakeholders and community members.
- Consistently and reliably attend mandatory daily “huddles” with the Be Connected team, as well as any and all mandatory trainings, supervisions, and meetings as requested by your supervisor and the agency.
- Recommends to the Program Coordinator or Manager changes that would improve service delivery. Select and develop one specialized function related to the development of department services.
- Position will require driving of company van and/or personal vehicle. Must maintain a valid Arizona driver's license and appropriate liability insurance at all times. Also requires eligibility for liability coverage with EMPACT’s insurance carrier.
- Participates in agency fund raising activities as requested by management.
This position involves extensive travel throughout Northern and Central Arizona and is based out of Flagstaff, Arizona.
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelors Degree or BHT equivalency. At least 4 years of Behavioral Health experience in lieu of Bachelors Degree or 2 years of Behavioral Health experience with an Associates degree in lieu of a Bachelors Degree.
- Prior experience assisting veterans and family members in their mental health and/or substance use recovery process preferred. Identification as a Veteran or family member of a Service Member preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of the VA system, Medicaid system, as well as other benefits and resources for Veterans and their families.
- Effective interpersonal skills which allows for professional and positive relationships with stakeholders, media, co-workers, consumers, families and other community members.
- Effective communication skills, evidenced by a non-judgmental approach, effective listening, and positive interaction; ability to effectively deliver a message or training in a public-speaking setting.
- Must present professionally when interacting with internal/external leadership and community stakeholders.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required.
- Attend meetings, training, and agency activities and events outside of regularly scheduled work hours upon request.
- Maintain compliance with required training.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor or member of management.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 847-122020191