Be Connected Military Navigator
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer..
The Be Connected Military Navigator is a community-based position. The Be Connected Military Navigator outreaches to military veterans and families in the community to educate them about services available to them. The Be Connected Military Navigator assists the veteran and family to facilitate connections to those necessary services and supports. The goal of the Be Connected Military Navigator is to provide individuals who are voluntary and able to give informed consent, assistance in accessing services. In addition to educating Veterans on available services and programs, the Be Connected Military Navigator may conduct trainings in the community.
Skills / Requirements
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Initiate contact with VSOs and Veterans in the community. This entails an active and constant effort to meet veterans where they are. Educate Veterans and the Veteran Community on the Be Connected campaign, its goals, and the trainings and services available to Veterans and their families.
2. Thoroughly and accurately track and report on all activities and encounters in a timely manner on multiple tracking instruments.
3. Schedule, coordinate, facilitate, and deliver trainings and presentations at various locations and times.
4. Represent and promote the Be Connected Program in the community at events with stakeholders and community members.
5. Consistently and reliably attend mandatory daily "huddles" with the Be Connected team, as well as any and all mandatory trainings, supervisions, and meetings as requested by your supervisor and the agency.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Identify as recipient of mental health services, substance abuse services or experienced homelessness in the Maricopa County.
- Identify as a Military Veteran, Service Member or Service Family Member.
- Peer Support Certificate preferred.
- Knowledge of military armed forces and understand services available to assist our veteran and family member of services members is preferred.
- Knowledge of the VA system, Medicaid system, and other benefits/resources for Veterans and their families.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Must have Fingerprint clearance card / or eligible to obtain one.
- Must have a valid AZ driver's license with no major infractions in the past three years.
- Must have regular access to reliable transportation
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) Diff per hour available.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Recommends to the Program Coordinator or Manager changes that would improve service delivery. Select and develop one specialized function related to the development of department services.
- Position may require driving of company van and/or personal vehicle. Must maintain a valid Arizona driver's license and appropriate liability insurance at all times. Also requires eligibility for liability coverage with EMPACT’s insurance carrier.
- Participates in agency fund raising activities as requested by management.
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required. Out of state applicants must provide a 3 years of driving record upon hire.
- Staff members who provide direct client services must be at least 21 years old. Staff members who provide support services (administrative or clinical) must be at least 18 years old. All employees will have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 846-10242019