ACT Substance Abuse Specialist
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA.
Our Substance Abuse Specialist provides direct treatment, rehabilitative and supportive services in a community setting to consumers. Works as a team member of a clinical team to assess consumer needs and wants, participates in the development of individual service plans, acts as a consumer advocate and liaisons with families and community agencies. Provides on-call crisis intervention services, as well as weekend and holiday coverage. Serves as the team’s specialist for substance abuse issues by providing other team members with information and knowledge in respect to substance use issues. Provides specific substance abuse interventions as clinically indicated.
Skills / Requirements
- Master’s degree in Behavioral Health related field preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in behavioral health related field or meet BHT requirements.
- Experience facilitating substance abuse groups and working with people who have a substance abuse diagnosis is required.
- Detail oriented & ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Substance Abuse certification and ACT experience is a plus.
- Must have a valid AZ driver's license with no major infractions in the past three years.
- Must have regular access to reliable transportation.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) Diff per hour available.
- ACT Diff per hour available
- Must be at least 21 years of age at time of employment.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 362-689-1120