ACT Peer Support Specialist
Are you looking for a career to help people but do not have a degree in behavioral health. Lived experience is valuable to us as we are looking for a Peer Support Specialist. A qualified candidate will have personal experience in receiving behavioral health services, have successfully navigated through the behavioral health system, and is ready to help other on their personal journey .
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), La Frontera Arizona, is a non-profit industry leader located in in Tempe, Phoenix, Glendale, Maricopa, Apache Junction and San Tan Valley dedicated to providing valuable community resources for crisis management, counseling, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
The primary responsibilities of the Peer Support Specialist position are to model the skills necessary to maneuver within the behavioral health system and other community programs, serving as a system guide and advocate. Provide direct support to the individual served and act as an active member of the Adult Recovery Team.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED. Bachelor’s degree in related behavioral healthcare field or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Peer Support Certification preferred.
- Must be a recipient or have received services through the community behavioral health system.
- Must have the ability and willingness to share their experience of receiving behavioral health services.
- Must have Fingerprint clearance card / or eligible to obtain one.
- Must have a valid AZ driver's license with no major infractions in the past three years.
- Must have regular access to reliable transportation
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) Diff per hour available.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 362-692-0615