Trauma Therapist - Tempe and Glendale
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), La Frontera Arizona, is a non-profit industry leader located in in Tempe, Glendale, Maricopa, and San Tan Valley dedicated to providing valuable community resources for crisis management, counseling, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
We are looking for a full-time Trauma Therapist based in our Tempe/Glendale offices. Responsibilities include providing individual counseling sessions to victims and their families, facilitating group treatment services, providing personal advocacy, collaborating with the victim on safety planning and treatment goals, providing risk assessments and appropriate interventions, and coordinating services with EMPACT-SPC case manager/advocate and mobile crisis teams. Therapist will coordinate services with agency staff and other behavioral health, law enforcement and public agencies as requested by the victim. Candidate must demonstrate ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, and recognize personal limitations. Candidate must possess the ability to represent agency in professional manner. Candidate should have prior experience which demonstrates ability to understand the needs of victims and their families, empower victims to make positive choices, and relate positively to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender, or sexual orientation. Spanish language ability preferred, but not required. **Position has once per week overnight on-call component.
- Master's Degree in counseling, marriage and family therapy, social work, or directly related field is required.
- Spanish language ability preferred, but not required.
- Must be certified by AzBBHE with associate licensure or able to obtain within 6 months.
- Need knowledge of effective therapeutic interventions in individual and group settings.
- Need comprehensive understanding of the effects of significant trauma and principles of Trauma-Informed Care.
- Need effective self-care within a potentially stressful client environment.
- Need understanding of community and agency resources with motivation to advocate for clients needs.
- Requires ability to communicate clearly, facilitate public presentations and maintain timely clinical documentation.
- Familiarity with Maricopa County community resources is preferred.
- Demonstrated cultural competency through experience with diverse minority populations is preferred.
- Fingerprint clearance card or eligible to qualify to obtain one.
Job Status: Full Time,On Call
Job Reference #: 641643-071919