Trauma Therapist Bilingual Full and Part Time
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
**Sign-on incentives offered up to $5000 (amount varies with position)**
We are looking for both Full Time and Part Time Trauma Therapist based in our Tempe office for the Trauma Healing Services department. Responsibilities include providing direct service crisis de-escalation and counseling to individuals and families using a Systems based approach to interventions.
Candidate must demonstrate ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, and recognize personal limitations. Candidate must possess the ability to represent agency in professional manner. Candidate should have prior experience, which demonstrates ability to understand the needs of the population and their families, empower victims to make positive choices, and relate positively to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender, or sexual orientation. Spanish language ability required.
- Lead crisis team in providing direct in-home, in-office, and community based crisis counseling and follow-up services as assigned. Counseling services will be provided to youth, adults and families.
- Provide comprehensive services to clients and coordinate communication with other departments in the agency to accomplish continuity of care. Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all related state, community behavioral health, and contracting organizations.
- Provide instruction and training for interns, pool staff, and new staff as assigned by the Clinical Coordinator or Department Manager.
- Ensure quality service delivery including clinical care and all associated documentation. Maintain all client records in accordance with agency policies and procedures. This includes appropriate phone documentation, intake documentation, endangerment triaging, treatment planning, referral triaging, risk planning, termination documentation, interagency reports and follow-up documentation
- Will be required at times to work in potentially volatile situations and to react in a professional manner to crisis situations regardless of the nature of the environment or circumstances. Perform job duties in a safe manner at all times; provide support for team members and perform cooperatively and professionally as part of a cohesive team.
Skills / Requirements
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides direct community based and in-home psychotherapy for the purpose of assessment, diagnosis and treatment with follow-up contact for sexual abuse & domestic violence victims in both individual and group settings. Clientele includes youth, adults and families. Identifies victims’ personal advocacy, provisions & assistance needs including appropriate in-house & community referrals. Makes mandatory reports to appropriate authorities regarding child or vulnerable adult abuse or neglect.
- Recommend to the Program Coordinator or Manager changes that would improve service delivery. Select and develop one specialized function related to the development of department services.
- Participate in all regularly scheduled department meetings. Required to receive at least 4 hours of supervision per month from a coordinator in the department.
- Participate in agency fund raising activities as requested by management.
- This position receives a differential in pay, which is specific to this position only. If one wishes to accept a different position in the agency, the differential would not follow. The following responsibilities accompany the position and, along with the high-risk nature of the work in the department, account for the differential.
- Master's Degree in counseling, marriage and family therapy, social work, or directly related field is required.
- Spanish language ability is a requirement of this position.
- Must be certified by AZBBHE with associate licensure or able to obtain within 6 months.
- Need knowledge of effective therapeutic interventions in individual and group settings.
- Need comprehensive understanding of the effects of significant trauma and principles of Trauma-Informed Care.
- Need effective self-care within a potentially stressful client environment.
- Need understanding of community and agency resources with motivation to advocate for clients needs.
- Requires ability to communicate clearly and maintain timely clinical documentation.
- Familiarity with Maricopa County community resources is preferred.
- Demonstrated cultural competency through experience with diverse minority populations is preferred.
- Fingerprint clearance card or eligible to qualify to obtain one.
- Must be 21 years of age at time of employment.
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time
Job Reference #: 637-164-0818