Substance Use Specialist
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
**Sign-on incentives offered up to $5000 (amount varies with position)**
Join a team of dedicated behavioral health workers at EMPACT Comunidad! Comunidad provides community-based services to a specialized population in the Phoenix Metro area. Our team is committed to treating the whole person, weaving individualized services aimed to assist our members in their independence and recovery goals. We celebrate each step, small and large, in our members’ journeys towards wellness. Our jobs offer stability, flexibility, and community! The Substance Use Specialist provides substance abuse interventions and treatment on individual and group basis. Works as part of a clinical team to assess consumer needs and wants, participates in the development of individual service plans, acts as a consumer advocate and liaison with families and community agencies. Serves as the team’s specialist for substance abuse issues by providing other team members with information and knowledge in respect to substance use issues. Some evening hours possible.
Skills / Requirements
- Master's Degree in marriage and family therapy, counseling, or social work is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a behavioral health related field preferred and must meet qualification for a BHT.
- Certification as a Licensed Substance Abuse Counselor (LSAC) through the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners is highly preferred.
- Experience facilitating groups required.
- Experience in providing substance use treatment preferred.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and have good time management skills.
- Must have good team collaboration skills.
- Must be available to work weekends and some evenings.
- Must have a valid AZ driver's license with no major infractions in the past three years.
- Must have regular access to reliable transportation.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) Diff per hour available.
- Must be 21 years of age or older at time of employment.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 361-168-0602