Substance Abuse Therapist
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
**Sign-on incentives offered up to $5000 (amount varies with position)**
This is a great opportunity for a Substance Abuse Therapist to join our agency. The candidate will work in our San Tan office. The ideal candidate will have experience in substance abuse treatment and experience facilitating groups. This position may require you to work some evenings.
The position will require the individual to provide psychotherapy for the purpose of assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of adults and their families, individualizing these services to meet unique needs. The Substance Abuse Therapist will facilitate IOP, SOP, & Aftercare groups, using agency Substance Abuse Program curriculum, which consists of a comprehensive, structured, step-down group program, and can also include individual and/or family therapy, as needed. The Substance Abuse Therapist will utilize community resources and referrals, as appropriate, to enhance and expand treatment.
Skills / Requirements
- Master's Degree in marriage and family therapy, counseling, or social work required. AzBBHE Licensure is preferred.
- Experience facilitating groups required.
- Families First program experience is preferred.
- Must have experience working with eh substance abuse populations.
- Must be willing to complete reports and be punctual in corresponding with DCS, probation and others.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and have good time management skills.
- Must have good team collaboration skills.
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid fingerprint clearance card.
- Must be available to work weekends and some evenings.
- Bilingual (Spanish speaking) a plus. ***Obtain Bilingual Differential Per Hour***
- Must be 21 years of age or older at time of employment.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required. Out of state applicants must provide a 3 years of driving record upon hire.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 380-169-0712