SMI Housing Specialist
La Frontera EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA employer.
**We are offering Sign-on incentives up to $5000 (amount varies with position)**
We are looking for an SMI Housing Specialist for our Apache Junction location. This position provides case management and coordination for Adults designated Seriously Mentally Ill. Assists the treatment team in formulating housing plans and service planning for all clients.
1. Assist in finding and securing adequate housing for clients who are in need of housing and housing support services.
2. Act as point of contact for the RBHA, internal staff and other agency staff for housing issues and coordination.
3. Complete residential and housing applications as required to assist the outpatient team as needed.
4. Develop and maintain relationships with County and City Housing Authorities as well as other housing stakeholders.
5. Build housing resources and options for all clients including sex offenders, people with felonies etc., ensure outpatient teams have knowledge of available resources.
6. May participate in housing briefings, lease signings etc. in conjunction with the treatment team.
7. Coordinate all paperwork required by housing providers.
8. Participate in team meetings to discuss housing resources, housing issues etc. as needed.
1. Complete updates of service plans in conjunction with the treatment team as needed.
2. Maintain and follow all EMPACT-SPC’S policies and procedures.
3. Maintain satisfactory punctuality and attendance as se on the work schedule.
Skills / Requirements
Must have High School Diploma or equivalent and 4 years behavioral health experience or meet BHT Qualifications. Bachelor's degree in behavioral field preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of case management, previous housing experience preferred
- Strong clinical skills, knowledge of community resources.
- Good communication skills evidenced by a non-judgmental approach, effective listening, and positive interactions.
- Must have knowledge of the landlord tenant rights and responsibilities and the Landlord Tenant Act.
- Knowledge of SAMHSA Permanent Supportive Housing practice.
- Knowledge and experience in HUD, HQS Inspections, Public Housing Programs and auditing of low income housing programs.
- Knowledge of ADA, Fair Housing, other civil rights laws pertaining to affordable housing.
- Must have Fingerprint clearance card or be eligible to obtain one.
- Must have a valid AZ driver's license with no major infractions in the past three years.
- Must have regular access to reliable transportation.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) Diff per hour available.
- Must be 21 years of age or older at time of employment.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 370-674-1116