Remote Hotline Specialists
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a part of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry-leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valuable community resources for crisis management, counseling, and suicide prevention since 1987. EMPACT-SPC is an EEO/AA employer.
**Sign-on incentives offered up to $5000 (amount varies with position)**
In this remote position, as a Hotline Specialist, you will support callers that call our suicide hotline by providing crisis phone interventions. Additionally, you will use your experience to recommend the appropriate referrals for available services. This is a Fulltime Remote role
- Answer all phone lines in a timely and professional manner while meeting agency goals of efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Effectively assess clinical situations and needs of all callers.
- Provide safe and effective clinical interventions to all callers.
- Complete clinical documentation thoroughly, clearly, and accurately, including information critical to data collection and reporting to funders. Forward internal referrals to the appropriate program(s) with all required information in a timely manner.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external clients/customers. Maintain a positive attitude and flexibility to assist others.
- Monitor call-in times for client placed on a 72-Hour Suicide Watch or Safety Follow-Up.
- Will be required to work beyond his/her shift with no advance warning if the crisis situation warrants or if required paperwork is not complete at the end of the shift.
- Attend all required meetings and trainings, even if they fall outside of the regularly scheduled shift. Evening and night hours may be required.
- Assist the hotline clinical coordinator in training new staff.
- Prior to using downtime for personal business, staff will be required to ensure all program forms are stocked, the hotline area is clean and organized, required reading is completed, and to complete any project to benefit Crisis and/or other departments within the agency as required by a supervisor.
- Attend in-person meetings, training, and agency activities and events outside of regularly scheduled work hours upon request.
Skills / Requirements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Clear and effective communication.
- Strong customer service.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to document detailed information.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender, or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor while working remotely (from home) and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Counseling, Social Work, or a directly related field required.
- Crisis or call center experience preferred.
- Experience in mental/behavioral health field preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The typical work environment will be working remote in an indoor environment.
- Employees must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 824-110-0316