Remote Hotline Specialists
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a part of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valuable community resources for crisis management, counseling, and suicide prevention since 1987. EMPACT-SPC is an EEO/AA employer.
**Sign-on incentives offered up to $5000 (amount varies with position)**
Hotline Specialists provide REMOTE (from home in Arizona) crisis phone interventions for callers to suicide hotline. Make appropriate referrals for services to callers. Answer all phone lines in a timely and professional manner while meeting agency goals of efficiency and customer satisfaction. Effectively assess clinical situations and needs of all callers. Provide safe and effective clinical interventions to all callers. Complete clinical documentation thoroughly, clearly, and accurately, including information critical to data collection and reporting to funders. Forward internal referrals to the appropriate program(s) with all required information in a timely manner. Work collaboratively with internal and external clients/customers. Maintain a positive attitude and flexibility to assist others. Monitor call-in times for client placed on a 72-Hour Suicide Watch or Safety Follow-Up. *Full Time and Part Time opportunities available* *Arizona Residents Only*
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Behavioral Health Related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Call center, Hotline or Crisis experience preferred. Experience in mental/behavioral health preferred.
- Clear and effective communication. Strong customer service.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Documentation skills.
- Conflict resolution.
- Ability to multitask.
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations.
- Must have valid Fingerprint Clearance Card or be eligible to obtain one.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will be required to work beyond his/her shift with no advance warning if the crisis situation warrants or if required paperwork is not complete at the end of the shift.
- Attend all required meetings and trainings, even if they fall outside of the regularly scheduled shift. Evening and night hours may be required.
- Assist the hotline clinical coordinator in training new staff.
- Prior to using downtime for personal business, staff will be required to ensure all program forms are stocked, the hotline area is clean and organized, required reading is completed, and to complete any project to benefit Crisis and/or other departments within the agency as required by a supervisor.
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender, or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor while working remotely (from home) and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required.
- Attend in-person meetings, training, and agency activities and events outside of regularly scheduled work hours upon request.
- Maintain compliance with required training.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor or member of management.
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time
Job Reference #: 822-158-0621