Referral & Information Specialist
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA employer.
We are in need of a dynamic individual for our Referral & Information Specialist opportunity. This position is responsible for coordinating referral orders for a continuation of treatment. It will provide support to our agency in relation to the referral process. This includes receiving, entering and processing referral information from staff, compiling data for reports, assist working with error reports and projects related to data integrity.
REFERRAL & INFORMATION SPECIALIST: Su, Mo, Tu, We, Th, Fr, Sa (10pm-8am, includes Overnight Differential) FT or PT available. (Crisis R& I)
REFERRAL & INFORMATION SPECIALIST: MON – FRI (12-8P) (Crisis R& I) Can be Part-Time!
REFERRAL & INFORMATION SPECIALIST: MON – FRI (2pm-10pm) (Crisis R& I) Can be Part-Time!
Skills / Requirements
- Must have a GED or High School Diploma.
- Call Center experience preferred.
- A minimum of two (2) years of customer service experience in the behavioral health or medical field is strongly preferred.
- Strong computer skills including data entry and with familiarity with creating reports & electronic charting.
- Knowledge of AHCCCS website/database, ClaimTrak, Excel, Microsoft Outlook, is a plus.
- Strong computer data entry, report creation, copying, filing, and following work processes with attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills, good communication skills (verbal/written) & ability to multi-task.
- Must have a fingerprint clearance card, or be eligible to qualify to obtain a fingerprint clearance card.
- Bilingual (Spanish Speaking) a plus.***EMPACT offers Bilingual Differential Per Hour***
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required. Out of state applicants must provide a 3 years of driving record upon hire.
- Staff members who provide direct client services must be at least 21 years old. Staff members who provide support services (administrative or clinical) must be at least 18 years old. All employees will have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time
Job Reference #: 275-091418