Receptionist/Outpatient Services Support Specialist - Tempe
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA.
We have an openings for a full-time OUTPATIENT SERVICES SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Receptionist). The Outpatient Services Support Specialist is a full-time position requiring an outgoing, dependable, detail-oriented and resourceful person.
We need a front office representative with previous experience in an outpatient behavioral health setting, doctor office or similar environment that can represent our agency professionally, treat our clients with respect and in a caring manner. Responsibilities include answering a multiple line phone system, scheduling appointments, greeting clients, as well as other clerical duties. Candidate must be flexible and work effectively in a team orientated environment.
Mondays - Thursdays 11 am - 8 pm and Fridays 9am - 6pm
Mondays - Fridays 8:30 am - 5:30 pm
Skills / Requirements
- MPerform front office duties in a professional, courteous and helpful manner. Duties include but are not limited to answering multiline phones, greeting clients and agency guests, scheduling appointments, and manage the use of therapy and group rooms. Perform clerical duties to assist in the day-to-day operation of the clinic to ensure smooth clinic and client flow.
- Effectively manage projects and demonstrate the ability to multitask in order to meet responsibilities of the position.
- Effectively prioritize responsibilities and utilize independent decision-making skills to support the operation of the agency.
- Demonstrate initiative to work cooperatively and collaboratively as part of a team to meet the needs of the department.
- Maintain effective communication and positive working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Abide by the client rights and maintain the client's confidentiality at all times.
- Minimum of a High School education (diploma) or GED
- 2 (two) years of related experience is required.
- Candidate must have basic computer skills and previous work experience in an outpatient behavioral health setting, doctor's office or similar work environment.
- Must have excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively.
- Ability to answer a multi-line phone and manage incoming calls appropriately.
- Knowledge of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and maintaining confidentiality of protected health information.
- Must have a fingerprint clearance card, or be eligible to qualify to obtain a fingerprint clearance card.
- Bilingual is a plus *** EMPACT-SPC offers Bilingual Differential Pay per hour***
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required. Out of state applicants must provide a 3 years of driving record upon hire.
- Staff members who provide direct client services must be at least 21 years old. Staff members who provide support services (administrative or clinical) must be at least 18 years old. All employees will have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 271-239-0929