Rapid Response Clinician
La Frontera EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
We are looking for a Crisis Therapist-Rapid Response Clinician to join our Tempe (and Glendale) Crisis Rapid Response team. The Clinician will be responsible for completing a one-time thorough clinical assessment of a child that is referred by Department of Child Safety and/or Juvenile courts. The assessment will include but is not limited to a developmental screening for 0-5 age children; a review of their current environment to assess needs, and provide needed resources to support overall stability for the child (0-18 years of age). Clinician will be required to complete risk assessments, therapeutic intervention; including de-escalation, behavior management guidance with current caregiver and child, and complete referrals to community partners for long term supports. The position requires the clinician to complete clinical documentation in a timely manner and coordinates with Department of Child Safety and Juvenile courts.
La Frontera EMPACT-SPC is a National Health Service Corp (NHSC) approved site. Primary care medical, dental and mental/behavioral health clinicians (LCSW, LMFT, LPC) can get up to $50,000 to repay their health profession student loans in exchange for a two-year commitment to work at an approved NHSC site. Additional information regarding NHSC programs can be found at http://nhsc.hrsa.gov/
Schedule: Wednesday - Saturday 9 am - 7 pm
Skills / Requirements
- Master's Degree in Behavioral Health field is required.
- Experience in behavioral health field and experience working with children in Department of Child Safety (previously CPS) care or AZ Children's Behavioral Health System is required.
- Knowledge of the Children's RBHA system preferred.
- Must be detail oriented and have good time management and customer service skills.
- Must have Fingerprint clearance card / or eligible to obtain one.
- Must have a valid AZ driver's license with no major infractions in the past three years.
- Must have regular access to reliable transportation
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) Diff per hour available.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 810-132-0916