Psych Liaison Medical Assistant
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
The Psychiatric Liaison/Medical Assistant is responsible for the support and assistance to the psychiatric staff and clients, providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers, and provide administrative support for the department and agency. Perform and follow through with clerical activities inherent to the operation and needs of the department and agency under the direction of the Site Administrator.
Duties include but are not limited to calling in prescription to the pharmacy, sending in pharmacy refill requests, obtaining lab results, relaying clients concerns and requests to the Nurse Practitioner or Psychiatrist and PCP coordination of care. Perform clerical duties to assist in the day to day operation of the agency to ensure smooth clinic and client flow.
Shift: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Skills / Requirements
- HS Diploma or GED.
- Medical Assistant, Patient Care Technician, CNA or similar training is required.
- 2 years of job related experience preferred.
- Possess excellent customer service skills and ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with all contacts, internally and externally.
- Ability to multi-task, work in a fast-paced environment, typing skills, computer literate, detail oriented and familiar with medical terminology.
- Ability to remain professional in difficult situations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Maintain client information accurately and charts and paperwork that are filed correctly.
- Ability to effectively work in a multi-task environment and prioritize work to accomplish successful outcomes.
- Knowledge of privacy and HIPAA laws.
- Ability to identify research and resolve problems and discrepancies.
- Computer literacy with knowledge of and skill in using basic word processing.
- Must be able to obtain a fingerprint clearance card or have possession of one.
- Bilingual is a plus *** EMPACT-SPC offers Bilingual Differential Pay per hour*
- Must be 21 years of age or older upon employment.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 280-186-0415