Peer Support Specialist
La Frontera EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. This is a great opportunity for Peer Support Specialist to join our agency in our Apache Junction office location. We are an EEO/AA employer.
Are you looking for a career to help people but do not have a a degree in behavioral health. Lived experience is valuable to us as we are looking for a Peer Support Specialist. A qualified candidate will have personal experience in receiving behavioral health services, have successfully navigated through the behavioral health system, and is ready to help other on their personal journey .
The (GMHSA) Peer Support position serves as a bridge to ongoing services by coordinating and monitoring RBHA/Community based resources and facilitates delivery of these necessary services and support. Acts as a consumer advocate, assists consumers in the ISP process, assists in crisis intervention and outreach/engagement. The goal is to provide individuals who are voluntary and able to give informed consent, assistance in accessing services.
Skills / Requirements
- HS Diploma or GED.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to effectively manage this busy position.
- Computer literate, basic typing, and good customer service skills.
- Able to work professionally and effectively with others from diverse ethnic and cultural groups.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess a valid ARIZONA driver's license w/no major infractions for past 39 months.
- Must be eligible to obtain a Fingerprint Clearance Card or have one already.
- Must have completed or be scheduled to complete the Peer Education Program.
- Experience with community behavioral health system.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) is a plus.
- Must be 21 years of age or older at time of employment.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 370-182-0608