Peer Support Specialist (SMI)
La Frontera EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. This is a great opportunity for Peer Support to join our agency in our Apache Junction office location. We are an EEO/AA employer.
Are you looking for a career to help people but do not have a a degree in behavioral health. Lived experience is valuable to us as we are looking for a Peer Support Specialist. A qualified candidate will have personal experience in receiving behavioral health services, have successfully navigated through the behavioral health system, and is ready to help other on their personal journey .
The Peer Support position is a full time position which will require some evening hours. Experience working with severely mentally ill adults and the adult system of care is required. The Peer Support position serves as a bridge to ongoing services by coordinating and monitoring RBHA/Community based resources and facilitates delivery of these necessary services and support. Acts as a consumer advocate, assists consumers in the ISP process, assists in crisis intervention and outreach/engagement. The goal is to provide individuals who are voluntary and able to give informed consent, assistance in accessing services.
Skills / Requirements
- Minimum of HS Diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related behavioral healthcare field or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Experience working with severely mentally ill adults and the adult system of care is required.
- Must have a personal experience in behavioral health having received services with Regional Behavioral Health Authority (RBHA) personally.
- Peer Certification in Arizona is required.
- Experience with community behavioral health system.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) is a plus.
- Must be at least 21 years of age at time of employment.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 370-182-0828