Peer Support Specialist for Phoenix Fire Behavioral Health Units
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
**Sign-on incentives offered up to $5000 (amount varies with position)**
Are you looking for a career to help people but do not have a degree in behavioral health. Lived experience is valuable to us as we are looking for a Full Time Peer Support Specialist.
As a Peer Support for the Phoenix Behavioral Health Unit you will work as a collaborative part of the City of Phoenix Community Action Program (CAP) and the Behavioral Health Unit (BHU) to ensure community safety. In this role, you will be the Integral part of intervention, outreach, and stabilization. You will alternate levels of support with Phoenix Fire Department CAP services.
- Respond to dispatches to community members identified by the City of Phoenix 911 system and/or First Responders.
- Provide Peer Level support utilizing relatability, crisis intervention, resource connection, transportation, and coordination of care.
- Collaborate with Phoenix CAP staff and Management to assist in an efficient and effective program.
- Follow all Phoenix Fire CAP protocols and guidelines as assigned
- Assistance with other programmatic needs as assigned.
PEER SUPPORT: Wednesday-Saturday (7:00 am - 5:00 pm)
PEER SUPPORT: Sunday-Wednesday (6:00 pm - 4:00 am) **shift has overnight differential
PEER SUPPORT: Wednesday-Saturday (8:00 am - 6:00 pm)
PEER SUPPORT: Wednesday-Saturday (6:00 pm - 4:00 am) **shift has overnight differential
Skills / Requirements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to remain tactful, calm, and persuasive in controversial and/or confrontational situations.
- Willing to report to shift at any of the identified Phoenix Fire CAP locations
Education and Experience:
- Openly identify as a Peer (Someone with lived experience utilizing Behavioral Health Services navigating the Behavioral Health system for a family member)
- 1 year of Peer Support experience preferred
- Peer Support Certification preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The typical work environment will be community based and not EMPACT facility based
- Employees must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
- Occasional travel to training and out-of-state locations may occur as-need.