Peer Support Navigator (HOME).
Are you looking for a career to help people but do not have a a degree in behavioral health. Lived experience is valuable to us as we are looking for a Peer Support Navigator. A qualified candidate will have personal experience in receiving behavioral health services, have successfully navigated through the behavioral health system, and is ready to help other on their personal journey .
La Frontera EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. This is a great opportunity for Peer Support Navigator to join our agency in our Tempe location . We are an EEO/AA employer.
Peer Support Navigators (Supportive Housing) provide case management, emotional support, mentoring, advocacy, life skills training, respite services, crisis intervention and transportation for SMI adults who have been identified through the behavioral health system or other referral sources approved by Mercy Maricopa as needing supportive housing services in order to obtain/maintain stable housing.
Essential Job Responsibilities: Describe the primary duties & responsibilities that are essential to the successful performance of this position. List the five most important essential job responsibilities s first (1-5).
- Meets with service recipients in the community as referred. Assists in mapping out the most appropriate next steps for the individual related to housing needs. Develops brief housing treatment plan with individualized client goals.
- Develops and collaborates with an extensive network of Community Based and RBHA resources, including homeless shelters and coordinated assessment. Participate actively in clinical team meetings with consumer’s ongoing provider in order to coordinate care effectively.
- Maintains accurate and thorough documentation in progress notes and in the client's record, including EMPACT’s electronic records system and HMIS.
- Provides peer support, helping the participant develop and implement self-directed recovery plan, sharing experience, providing support, teaching self-management techniques and reassurance.
Requires competency (via specialized training) in the following areas:
*In Home Safety
*AHCCCS eligibility/Affordable Health Care Act
*Principles of Housing First Model
*Trauma Informed Care
*Harm Reduction Model
*Understanding of SAMHSA Permanent Supportive Housing Toolkit
*Use of SPDAT and VI-SPDAT tools
*Other identified peer specialist and system training
Skills / Requirements
- Minimum of HS Diploma or equivalent.
- One (1) year work experience in behavioral health field, recent (within last 2 years) preferred.
- Must have a personal experience in behavioral health having received services with Regional Behavioral Health Authority (RBHA) personally.
- Peer Certification in Arizona is preferred.
- Knowledge / use of SPDAT is a plus.
- Must identify as recipient of mental health services, substance abuse services or experienced homelessness in Maricopa County.
- Experience with community behavioral health system.
- Must have Fingerprint clearance card / or eligible to obtain one.
- Must have a valid AZ driver's license with no major infractions in the past three years.
- Must have regular access to reliable transportation
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) Diff per hour available.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 355-091319