Peer Support Navigator (H.O.M.E.)
Are you looking for a career to help people but do not have a a degree in behavioral health. Lived experience is valuable to us as we are looking for a Peer Support Navigator. A qualified candidate will have personal experience in receiving behavioral health services, have successfully navigated through the behavioral health system, and is ready to help other on their personal journey .
La Frontera EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. This is a great opportunity for Peer Support Navigator to join our agency in our Tempe location . We are an EEO/AA employer.
The Peer Support Navigator position is a full time position which will require some evening hours. The Peer Support Navigator serves as a bridge to ongoing services by coordinating and monitoring RBHA/Community based resources and facilitates delivery of these necessary services and support. The goal is to provide individuals who are voluntary and able to give informed consent, assistance in accessing services. Please note the following important qualifications: This position must be filled with a candidate that identifies as recipient of mental health services in Maricopa County or having assisted family member in their mental health or substance abuse recovery process. Might identify as a Military Veteran Services Member or Service Family Member. This means that either you have received such services. In addition, you must be eligible to obtain a fingerprint clearance card (or have a current one now).
Skills / Requirements
- Meets with service recipients in the community as referred. Assists in mapping out the most appropriate next steps for the individual related to housing needs. Develops brief housing treatment plan with individualized client goals.
- Develops and collaborates with an extensive network of Community Based and RBHA resources, including homeless shelters and coordinated assessment. Participate actively in clinical team meetings with consumer’s ongoing provider in order to coordinate care effectively.
- Maintains accurate and thorough documentation in progress notes and in the client's record, including EMPACT’s electronic records system, HMIS, and HOME Link.
- Provides peer support, helping the participant develop and implement self-directed recovery plan, sharing experience, providing support, teaching self-management techniques and reassurance.
- Requires competency (via specialized training) in the following areas:
- *Risk Assessment
- *In Home Safety
- *AHCCCS eligibility/Affordable Health Care Act
- *Crisis System
- *Principles of Housing First Model
- *Motivational Interviewing
- *Trauma Informed Care
- *Harm Reduction Model
- *Understanding of SAMHSA Permanent Supportive Housing Toolkit
- *Use of SPDAT and VI-SPDAT tools
- *Landlord/Tenant Act
- *Other identified peer specialist and system training
- Minimum of HS Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a personal experience in behavioral health having received services with (RBHA) or have assisted a family member in their mental health or substance abuse recovery process.
- Peer experience, identification as recipient of mental health services, substance abuse services, or experienced homelessness in Maricopa County.
- Might identify as a Military Veteran, Service Member, or Service Family Member.
- Peer Support Certification preferred.
- Knowledge/use of SPDAT a plus.
- Fingerprint clearance card or eligible to qualify to obtain one.
- Must have a valid AZ Driver's License with no major infractions in past 39 months.
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred *** EMPACT-SPC offers Bilingual Differential Pay per hour***
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 355-716-1009