Peer Support Navigator (CCHP).
Are you looking for a career to help people but do not have a a degree in behavioral health. Lived experience is valuable to us as we are looking for a Peer Support Navigator. A qualified candidate will have personal experience in receiving behavioral health services, have successfully navigated through the behavioral health system, and is ready to help other on their personal journey .
La Frontera EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. This is a great opportunity for Peer Support Navigator to join our agency in our Tempe location . We are an EEO/AA employer.
The Peer Support Navigator position is a full time position which will require some evening hours. The Peer Support Navigator serves as a bridge to ongoing services by coordinating and monitoring RBHA/Community based resources and facilitates delivery of these necessary services and support. The goal is to provide individuals who are voluntary and able to give informed consent, assistance in accessing services. Please note the following important qualifications: This position must be filled with a candidate that identifies as recipient of mental health services in Maricopa County or having assisted family member in their mental health or substance abuse recovery process. Personal experience is a plus.
Skills / Requirements
- Minimum of HS Diploma or equivalent.
- One (1) year work experience in behavioral health field, recent (within last 2 years) preferred.
- Must have a personal experience in behavioral health having received services with Regional Behavioral Health Authority (RBHA) personally.
- Peer Certification in Arizona is preferred.
- Knowledge / use of SPDAT is a plus.
- Must identify as recipient of mental health services, substance abuse services or experienced homelessness in Maricopa County.
- Experience with community behavioral health system.
- Must have Fingerprint clearance card / or eligible to obtain one.
- Must have a valid AZ driver's license with no major infractions in the past three years.
- Must have regular access to reliable transportation
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) Diff per hour available.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 350-071918