PAD Crisis Therapist
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
This is a great opportunity for a PAD Crisis Therapist to join our dynamic team in our Tempe office. The Crisis Therapist job responsibilities include assessing for appropriateness of emergent and/or non-emergent petition filings, processing legal documentation, meeting time sensitive timelines and coordinating with third parties. This position will require an individual with skills in working in a high paced environment in a Crisis setting. Experience working in crisis mobile teams preferred. Familiarity with PAD process and experience working with the PAD team preferred. Experience working in the community including hospitals, jails, law enforcement, and behavioral health experience strongly preferred. Plus: Bi-lingual (Spanish) and Crisis Diff per hour available.
Skills / Requirements
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree in psychology, counseling, social work or a directly related field.
- Minimum of two years previous experience in related field.
- BHT certification required.
- Able to assess for appropriateness of emergent and/or non-emergent petition filing.
- Able to complete and process legal documentation.
- Able to meet time sensitive timelines.
- Experience coordinating with third parties.
- Experience working in crisis mobile teams preferred.
- Familiarity with PAD process and experience working with the PAD team preferred.
- Experience working in the community including hospitals, jails, law enforcement, and behavioral health experience strongly preferred.
- Flexible to extend work shift to complete crisis work, paperwork, etc. as needed.
- Must have valid AZ driver license & clean driving record with no major infractions in past 39 months.
- Bilingual (Spanish Speaking) a plus.
- Fingerprint clearance card required or eligibility to obtain one.
- Must be 21 years of age or older at time of employment.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 810-125-0721