Outpatient Services Support Specialist - Glendale
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA.
The Outpatient Services Support Specialist is responsible for supporting Agency’s outpatient clinic and front office duties in a professional, courteous and helpful manner.
Duties include but are not limited to; answering multi line phones, greeting clients and agency guests, scheduling appointments, assisting persons contacting the agency in person or by telephone. Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers and manage the use of therapy and group rooms. Perform clerical duties to assist in the day-to-day operation of the clinic to ensure smooth clinic and client flow. Follow through with clerical activities inherent to the operation and needs of the department and agency under the direction of the Site Administrator.
- Glendale - Monday - Thursday 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. and Friday 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Skills / Requirements
- Must have minimum of a High School education (diploma) or GED, MA/CNA certification is a plus.
- 2 (two) years of related experience is required.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Must be time flexible and team oriented.
- Intermediate typing skills.
- Computer literate and proficiency with MS Office Suite.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Telephone skills, and knowledge of privacy laws.
- Knowledge of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and maintaining confidentiality of protected health information.
- Must have a fingerprint clearance card, or be eligible to qualify to obtain a fingerprint clearance card.
- Bilingual - Spanish preferred. *EMPACT-SPC offers Bilingual Differential Pay per hour*
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required. Out of state applicants must provide a 3 years of driving record upon hire.
- Staff members who provide direct client services must be at least 21 years old. Staff members who provide support services (administrative or clinical) must be at least 18 years old. All employees will have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 270-161-0904