Outpatient Referral and Information Specialist
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA employer.
**Sign-on incentives offered up to $5000 (amount varies with position)**
We are in need of a dynamic individual for a Referral & Information Specialist position in our Call Center for Outpatient support. The person in this position will provide support to our agency in relation to the referral process specific to our Outpatient programs. This includes maintaining inbound call volume from clients, along with receiving, entering, and processing referral information sent to the R&I Call Center (from both outside agencies and from other internal staff) and assisting with error reports and projects related to data integrity, and other related duties as assigned.
Skills / Requirements
- Must have a GED or High School Diploma.
- Call Center experience preferred.
- A minimum of two years of customer service experience preferred - Customer service experience in the behavioral health or medical field is a plus.
- Strong computer skills including data entry and familiarity creating electronic health records preferred.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy in work, with an ability to follow work processes.
- Able to multi-task as needed to maintain deadlines for completed work.
- Excellent customer service combined with good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to be a strong member of a team with good interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of NextGen software, AHCCCS database, SharePoint database, Microsoft Outlook, and Microsoft Excel is a plus.
- Must have a fingerprint clearance card or be eligible to qualify to obtain a fingerprint clearance card.
- Bilingual (Spanish Speaking) preferred.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required. Out of state applicants must provide a 3 years of driving record upon hire.
- Staff members who provide direct client services must be at least 21 years old. Staff members who provide support services (administrative or clinical) must be at least 18 years old. All employees will have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 275-502-0624