Military Crisis Transition Navigator
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit based in Tempe, Glendale, & Maricopa dedicated to providing valuable community resources for crisis management, counseling, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
We are looking for a Military Crisis Transition Navigator. This position is full time and will work out of our Tempe location (requires traveling within the community). Varied schedule may include some evening/weekend work.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Military Crisis Transition Navigator (CTN) works specifically with Non-Title XIX, Non-SMI individuals who have received services from the Maricopa County crisis system. The Military CTN serves as a bridge to ongoing services by coordinating and monitoring RBHA/Community based resources and facilitates delivery of these necessary services and support. The goal of the Military CTN is to provide individuals who are voluntary and able to give informed consent, assistance in accessing post-crisis services.
You will meet with recipients of crisis services, in the community as referred by specified crisis providers, maintain accurate and thorough documentation in the client's Crisis Navigation Plan (CNP), must possess a high level of skill and a wide knowledge base of available community services, will receive specialized training in the following; risk assessment, in home safety, AHCCCS eligibility, SMI eligibility, crisis system, etc., develop a Crisis Navigation Plan (CNP). The plan will be self-directed by the recipient and coordinated with the Military CTN. The Military CTN will follow up and assist with implementation of the needs identified in the CNP, serve as a short term recovery coach, helping the participant develop and implement self-directed recovery plan, sharing experience, providing support, teaching self-management techniques and reassurance.
Skills / Requirements
- Must have a at least High School Diploma or GED; Bachelor's degree in behavioral health or related field preferred/BHT qualifications is preferred.
- Must be a recipient of veteran services and understand services available to assist our clients.
- Prior experience or an understanding of the VetCourt process is preferred.
- Min. of two years of community based behavioral health experience is preferred.
- PEER Certificate will be required. If you do not have one, but meet the appropriate criteria to obtain one, we will provide you with training.
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients both verbally and in writing.
- Must have Fingerprint clearance card / or eligible to obtain one.
- Must have a valid AZ driver's license with no major infractions in the past three years.
- Must have regular access to reliable transportation
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required. Out of state applicants must provide a 3 years of driving record upon hire.
- Staff members who provide direct client services must be at least 21 years old. Staff members who provide support services (administrative or clinical) must be at least 18 years old. All employees will have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 841-10172019