EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
**Sign-on incentives offered up to $2000 (amount varies with position)**
The Medical Director will provide clinical oversight to staff/contract practitioners and supervise psychiatrists and medical professionals including but not limited to reviewing and evaluating treatment procedures and outcomes of the prescribers to ensure in accordance with provision of services and/or agency requirements. Ensures quality of care as well as timely and clinically appropriate evidence based behavioral health treatment, as well as, reviews quality of care concerns. Supervises psychiatrists and medical professionals including but not limited to reviewing and evaluating treatment procedures and outcomes of the prescribers to ensure in accordance with provision of services and/or agency requirements. Responsible for developing and implementing psychiatric and medical policies, procedures and protocols. Conducts regularly scheduled meetings with assigned staff. Works in collaboration with other Leadership staff to identify service needs and areas for improvement. Promotes cooperative working relationships among the multidisciplinary teams, including psychiatrists, other staff, consumers, families and other treating physicians. Promotes fiscal responsibility as it relates to provider productivity, utilization of resources and service efficiency.
Skills / Requirements
- Possession of valid Arizona License to practice Psychiatry.
- Five years of experience as a Psychiatrist, with experience in a psychiatric emergency service, clinic or mental health center.
- Previous management experience including responsibilities for hiring, training, assigning work and managing performance of staff.
- Experience treating or managing care for a culturally diverse population preferred
- The provider must be eligible to participate in the Medicare, Medicaid and other federal health care programs.
- The provider must be eligible to be credentialed by the ADHS and Regional Behavioral Health Authority (RBHA).
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 920-MD-0928