Manager Children's Services (Program Manager)
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
This is a great opportunity for a Manager of Children's Services (Program Manager) to join our team. Manager of Children's Services will ensure the quality of services to clients, oversee daily operations of the children's department, recommend/implement changes that would improve or expand the delivery of services. Provide clinical supervision according to qualifications.
Skills / Requirements
- Direct the day to day operations of department and schedule meetings, services, and staff time. Ensure the productivity of the department and monitor individual staff performance to meet productivity standards.
- Provide administrative and clinical supervision of departmental staff. Interview and recommend hiring of departmental staff. Train new staff and assure basic competencies of new and existing staff. Evaluate staff performance and make recommendations of personnel actions to the Associate Clinical Director.
- Maintain quality assurance of department's service delivery including clinical care and documentation. Monitor and maintain all client records in accordance with agency policies and procedures. Participate in utilization review functions associated with the department. Assure continuity of care in the provision of comprehensive services and coordinate communication with other departments of the agency.
- Provide outreach by developing and maintaining effective working relationships with all related state, community behavioral health, and contracting organizations.
- Recommend to the Director changes that would improve service delivery and implement changes and new programming as directed.
- Assist in the preparation of departmental budget and demonstrate functional responsibility for administering the approved departmental budget. Demonstrate responsibility for purchases within the spending authority as designated by Director. Approve cash disbursements up to the amount authorized by the Associate Clinical Director.
- Instruct and train interns and staff in their respective disciplines as assigned by the Director.
- Participate in ad hoc committees and work groups as assigned by the Director.
- Participate in fundraising activities as requested by management.
- Must meet BHT qualification as outlined through ADHS.
- Bachelors or Masters degree preferred in Counseling, Social Work or related field.
- Knowledge of RBHA and AZ Children’s Behavioral Health Systems required.
- Licensure with AzBBHE preferred.
- Prior behavioral health work experience with the following populations: SMI, Adult/GMHSA and Children.
- 3 years supervisory experience is preferred.
- Experience in program development and supervisory/management preferred.
- Prior experience managing RBHA contract deliverables is preferred.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to work collaboratively with strong communication skills will be required in this position.
- Fingerprint clearance card required. Or, you must be eligible to qualify to obtain one.
- Must have a valid AZ driver's license, with no infractions for the past 3 years so you will be approved by our insurance carrier for liability insurance
- Must be eligible to work; On-Call, Days, Nights, Weekends and Holidays.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required.
- Attend meetings, training, and agency activities and events outside of regularly scheduled work hours upon request.
- Maintain compliance with required training.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor or member of management.
Job Status: Full Time,On Call
Job Reference #: 342-1082020