La Frontera EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
**Sign-on incentives offered up to $5000 (amount varies with position)**
The Maintenance Technician will assist in the day-to-day functions of the Fleet and Facilities department. They will perform various maintenance work, respond to vehicle and facilities concerns, complete data entry, and handle clerical and switchboard support for the department.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Assist in the day-to-day operations and oversight of the agency’s facilities and fleet vehicles.
- Respond to maintenance requests that are received by email, phone, service ticket, or in person.
- Perform various maintenance work such as plumbing, carpentry, repairing tiles, applying paint by brush, roller, or sprayer, replacing drywall, electrical maintenance repair work, such as wall switches, lights, fuses, and A/C units, etc.
- Assist with predictive and preventative maintenance of fleet and facilities.
- Perform maintenance tasks quickly and as efficiently as possible.
- Maintain accurate records as it relates to facilities to comply with Agency requirements. Effectively manage projects and demonstrate the ability to multitask to meet responsibilities of the position.
- Monitor and respond to Agency’s service desk requests as it relates to facilities. Also assist with fleet service desk tickets; this includes assisting with maintenance and repairs.
- Assure all persons contacting the agency, either by phone or in person, are greeted or assisted with a caring professional demeanor.
- Demonstrate initiative to work cooperatively and collaboratively as part of a team to meet the needs of the department.
- Assist and provide support to department in areas other than facilities as requested.
- Communicate weekly direct management regarding workload, work scheduled, pending workload, or any other concerns.
- Be available after normal business hours to coordinate and assist with facilities related emergencies.
- Maintain effective communication and positive working relationships with internal and external customers.
Skills / Requirements
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Minimum of 3 years’ job-related experience in the maintenance field.
- High level of effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Time management and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with guests, participants, and employees.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender, or sexual orientation.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Work environment could be operated at an EMPACT office, working indoors, or working outdoors depending on duties assigned for the day.
- Employees must be able to lift 50 pounds or more at times.
- Occasional travel to all EMPACT worksites and training sites may occur as needed.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 231-831-0215