La Frontera EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA employer.
**We are offering Sign-on incentives up to $2000 (amount varies with position)**
We are looking for a Housing Specialist, for our Phoenix location, to provide direct treatment, rehabilitative and supportive services in a community setting to participants. This position works as a team member of a clinical team to assess consumer needs and wants, participates in the development of individual service plans, acts as a consumer advocate and liaisons with families and community agencies. Provides on-call crisis intervention services, as well as weekend and holiday coverage. Provides case management and coordination for Adults designated Seriously Mentally Ill. Assists the treatment team in formulating housing plans and service planning for all clients.
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in behavioral field or any combination education/experience that meets BHT requirements as stipulated by AZDHS/BHS required.
- Minimum of 1 year of SMI case management and housing experience preferred.
- Must have knowledge of the landlord tenant rights and responsibilities and the Landlord Tenant Act, Knowledge of SAMHSA Permanent Supportive Housing practice.
- Knowledge and experience in HUD, HQS Inspections,
- Public Housing Programs and auditing of low income housing programs.
- Knowledge of ADA, Fair Housing, other civil rights laws pertaining to affordable housing.
- Must have Fingerprint clearance card or be eligible to obtain one.
- Must have a valid AZ driver's license with no major infractions in the past three years.
- Must have regular access to reliable transportation.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) Diff per hour available.
- Must be 21 years of age or older at time of employment.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 361-674-0902