High Needs Case Manager - San Tan
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This is a great opportunity for a High Needs Case Manager to join our agency in our Children Services team. As a High Needs Case Manager, you will work with children and families that require a high level of service provision, contact, and coordination of treatment. You will provide direct service crisis intervention, support, transportation, and education to families and children, independently of, or in conjunction with, other in-home client services. Manage a case load of 15 families in order to serve the family at a high level of intensity.
Skills / Requirements
1. Provide direct in-home, in-office, in school, and community services. These services will include, but not be limited to, crisis intervention, transportation, maintaining established client stabilization, additional client supervision, parent training with instruction in child care and behavior management, and support needed to maintain a child in the home.
2. Facilitate, schedule, and provide follow up on family, youth, and adult team meetings (ACT or CFT). Complete written documentation of this meeting and provide copy to all team members. Engage and invite natural supports as identified by family, youth, and adult. Make referrals to collaborating partners and other community services, as client needs indicate.
3. Deliver at least 40 hours of work per week, with a goal of 30 hours direct client contact, which includes case management as needed. Ensure meet clinical documentation standards established monthly/annually. Complete all tasks agreed upon by timelines given. Must be able to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the children and families, which may include evening or weekend hours when needed. Evening and weekend hours may be required to accommodate the schedules of families, youth, and adults. Attend meetings and trainings as requested.
4. In collaboration with each child and family, support services to families, youth, and adults, that meet the following 12 Arizona Principles: (1) Collaboration with the family, youth, and adult; (2) Emphasis on achieving functional outcomes; (3) Collaboration with others, including participation in unified assessment, planning and service approaches when families, youth, and adults are involved with multiple systems; (4) Access for families, youth, and adults to a comprehensive array of sufficient behavioral health services to meet their needs; (5) Best practices; (6) Most appropriate setting; (7)
Timeliness; (8) Services tailored to the family, youth, and adult; (9) Stability in placements; (10) Respect for the family's, youth’s, and adult’s unique cultural heritage;(11) Independence, and; (12) Connection to natural supports.
5. Ensure the continuity of care in the provision of comprehensive services to family, youth, and adult and
assist additional team members, which include Clinical Coordinator and/or Director in coordinating
communication with other departments of the agency or with external stakeholders in accomplishing
6. Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all related state, community mental health,
and contracting organizations.
7. Attend regular scheduled ongoing supervision.
- Bachelor's Degree in Behavioral Health related field preferred or meet BHT requirements.
- Behavioral health experience required.
- Previous experience working with children is preferred
- Knowledge of CFT process and Arizona 12 Principles.
- Requires the ability to be flexible and problem solve and to have the ability to use creativity in the approach to service delivery.
- Must have Fingerprint clearance card / or eligible to obtain one.
- Must have a valid AZ driver's license with no major infractions in the past three years.
- Must have regular access to reliable transportation
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) Diff per hour available.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required. Out of state applicants must provide a 3 years of driving record upon hire.
- Staff members who provide direct client services must be at least 21 years old. Staff members who provide support services (administrative or clinical) must be at least 18 years old. All employees will have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Attend meetings, training, and agency activities and events outside of regularly scheduled work hours upon request.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 380-01222020