EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987.We are an EEO/AA Employer.
The Transcriptionist will be responsible for converting voice recordings from behavioral healthcare professionals into written documents for client electronic medical records. A Transcriptionist will identify inconsistencies, errors, and missing information within the documentation and communicating/clarifying with appropriate staff.
PLEASE NOTE - This is a location based position in Phoenix AZ area.
Skills / Requirements
- Minimum of a High School Diploma
- Bachelor's degree is preferred
- Registered Healthcare Documentation Specialist (RHDS) or Certified Healthcare Documentation Specialist (CHDS) or equivalent preferred
- Must have 1 year experience transcribing official documents (healthcare environment experience preferred)
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to transcribe from voice recording into accurate official medical record documents.
- Strong computer skills required including MS Office; experience navigating within an Electronic Medical Records (EMR) systems preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to review documentation and identify any inaccuracies and inconsistencies in finished drafts.
- Must be comfortable working under short deadlines and have excellent written communication skills.
- Must be eligible to obtain a Fingerprint Clearance Card or have one already
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 362-12272019