Health and Wellness Coach
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
We are currently hiring for Health and Wellness Coaches within our Health Integration Program. Under the supervision of the Health Integration Coordinator, the Health and Wellness Coach (HW Coach) is responsible to coordinate care with physical health providers and serve as client educators and advocates. HW Coaches will help to remove personal and environmental obstacles to health care access. HW Coaches provide a set of non-clinical activities that engage, educate, and offer support to individuals, their family members, and caregivers to connect them to preventative care, diagnosis, timely treatment, and follow-up. HW Coaches will also have the role of subject matter educators in preventative care, disease management, and treatment adherence.
Job Responsibilities: Receive referrals for new and existing clients with co-occurring medical and behavioral health conditions related to the medical conditions. Collect and review all Health Risk Assessments and complete a Social Determinants of Health Screenings. Classify priority of all new referrals based on disease identification, risk, and program. Conduct Population Health Management group treatment to address co-occurrence of Medical Health and Behavioral Health conditions. Provide 1:1 support in the community with diet/nutrition and life skills to promote self-sufficiency and independence of client.
Flexible hours may be needed dependent upon client appointment times. May need to attend meetings, trainings, and agency activities and events outside of regularly scheduled work hours upon request. Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice of the agency.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma/GED is required.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 1 (one) year prior experience in community behavioral health or medical field preferred.
- Must possess strong facilitation skills and the ability to create, implement, and facilitate ongoing agency trainings.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Must have Fingerprint clearance card / or eligible to obtain one.
- Must have a valid AZ driver's license with no major infractions in the past three years.
- Plus: Bi-lingual (Spanish) Diff per hour available.
- Will need to be able to provide some evening hour
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 310-121018