EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
**Sign-on incentives offered up to $2000 (amount varies with position)**
This is a great opportunity for a Family Therapist to join our dynamic department in our San Tan office. In this position, you will utilize your experience to provide direct clinical service including individual, family, and group therapy for families, youth and adults.
Job responsibilities include: facilitation of individual and family counseling, perform clinical liaison duties for assigned clients, ensure quality service delivery, including clinical care and all associated duties, maintain all client records in accordance with agency policies and procedures, including appropriate intake and risk assessments, diagnosis, service planning, progress notes, discharge planning, termination documentation, and inter-agency reports. You will be attending meetings and trainings as requested. This position is a forty hour work week with evening and weekend hours possible as may be needed to accommodate the schedules of families.
Skills / Requirements
- Provide psychotherapy for the purpose of assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of adults and their families, individualizing these services to meet unique needs. Use community resources and referrals, as appropriate, to enhance and expand treatment.
- Deliver at least 40 hours of work per week, with a goal of 30 hours of therapy services. Provide case management services to support and augment the therapy, as needed. Productivity standards are established annually, at a minimum. Some evening hours are required.
- Work independently and responsibly, and participate in the development, implementation, and evaluation of treatment and prevention programs.
- Produce complete, timely, thorough, quality clinical documentation of all services rendered, both billable and non-billable, as required. The documentation must include sufficient information about the activity being documented and the client’s participation in, and response to, the activity.
- Ensure quality service delivery, including clinical care and all associated duties. Utilize Best Practice therapeutic approaches whenever possible. Maintain all client records in current status and in accordance with agency policies and procedures, as well as RBHA, state, and federal requirements. Participate in the agency’s Quality Management Program, as needed or requested.
- Participate actively in regular supervision, accepting feedback and suggestions in a collaborative and strengths-based way.
- Interact regularly and constructively with the clinical team, support staff, and administrative staff
- Must possess a Master's Degree in behavioral health field.
- Licensure through AzBBHE and/or work experience preferred.
- Must be willing to work with small children.
- Experience working in community behavioral health field specifically individual & family therapy is preferred.
- Experience in working with Cenpatico and MMIC.
- Experience in any specialized training such as play training is a plus.
- Detail orientated and ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and self-motivated.
- Strong communication skills and team coordination skills.
- Available to work evening hours and good time management skills is required.
- Must be in possession of valid fingerprint clearance card or be eligible to obtain one.
- Must have a valid AZ driver's license, with no infractions for the past 3 years so you will be approved by our insurance carrier for liability insurance.
- Bilingual - Spanish is a plus.
- Must be 21 years of age or older at time of employment.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required. Out of state applicants must provide a 3 years of driving record upon hire.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 380-032619