Family Support Counselor
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
**Sign-on incentives offered up to $5000 (amount varies with position)**
The primary role of the Family Support Counselor is to provide behavior coaching and management, help members learn new skills and strategies for independent living, and teach life skills related to employment, education, and social relationships. The Family Support Counselor will assist with the coordination of case management services and form positive supportive relationships with adults and their clinical teams. This is a community based position.
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Psychology, Family Studies or directly related field Or any combination education/experience that meets BHT requirements as stipulated by AZDHS/BHS required.
- Must have experience in working with adults with developmental disabilities and knowledge/experience with behavior management techniques.
- Requires the ability to be flexible and problem solve and to have the ability to use creativity in the approach to service delivery.
- Must have Fingerprint clearance card or be eligible to obtain one.
- Must have a valid AZ driver's license with no major infractions in the past three years.
- Plus: Bi-lingual (Spanish) per hour available.
- Will need to be able to provide some evening hours.
- Experience working with adult DD population preferred.**
- Behavior coaching experience preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age at time of employment.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 310-147-1214